Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Just Enjoy Yourself

When making a call with home, my relatives always ask me such a classic question: are you already suited with the life in that small town since you got there from the flourishing and crowed city where you grew up? To tell the truth, I spent a long time trying to accept the new lifestyle that I rejected at first; yet, I have to say: I love to live in Carbondale now. I agree with that some people who say weekends here are very boring; sometimes I feel lonely and negative when each American student leaves and the town becomes empty. However, I have a silent and comfortable time at the same time. When I have free time, I always just take a soda and sit down in the shadows of trees that are close to my apartment. At that time, I can think about many things clearly and feel peaceful that I have never had this kind of experience before in China. Also, sometimes my friend drive me to some really pretty places around Carbondale, such as the small Grand Canyon and many lakes near here. I can feel all of the things that are natural around me: fresh air, smooth wind, various plants, and etc. My advice is simple but useful: just enjoy yourself in Carbondale, then people who expect a peaceful life will like it here for sure, and people who come from huge cities will have a special experience in Carbondale.

1 comment:

Kwang sub Sohn said...

enjoy yourself.. and
take care, tonight..
^^